08 June 1999
Unigate hires former Terranova chief
UNIGATE has hired the chief executive of a company it has just bought
after a hostile bid.
Terry Stannard, the former chief executive of the Terranova
convenience foods business bought for £274m by Unigate earlier in the
year, is to joint the Unigates board. He is to take charge of the St
Ivel dairy subsidiary.
Unigate has published disappointing results for the year to 31 March.
Pre-tax profits before exceptional items were ú149.9m, down from
Ian Martin, chairman, said poor conditions in the European market for
pork undermined the companys performance.
- The Times 08/06/99 page 29, page 30 (Tempus)
- The Independent 08/06/99 page 19 (The Investment Column)
- Financial Times 08/06/99 page 26
- The Guardian 08/06/99 page 25
- The Daily Telegraph 08/06/99 page 31, page 32 (Questor)