Farmers Weekly has launched the Save Our Sprays campaign – or SOS for short.
It is our response to impending legislation driven by the EU Commission that could wipe out over 80% of the pesticides, herbicides and fungicides that are commonly used on British farms. But the legislation is fundamentally flawed.
- How to write to your MEP
- EU Pesticide ban – your questions answered
- Sean Rickard warns of massive food price rises
- Why Farmers Weekly is launching Save our Sprays
- The European Commission answers FW questions
- Ban would wipe out sugar beet sector
- What farmers in the rest of Europe think
What we are doing
- Organising a pan-European petition against the legislation reaching more than one million readers through our sister publications across Europe.
- Presenting the petition to the European parliament in the autumn.
- Preparing a major letter writing campaign for when the legislation reaches the European parliament.
- Urging farmers to set up face-to-face meetings with MPs and MEPs.
- Writing editorial articles to arm our readers with the facts.
- Making videos to highlight these issues, which will be sent to key policy makers at the appropriate time.
- Working with key industry bodies, such as the NFU, the Crop Protection Association, the European Crop Protection Association, the British Crop Production Council, The Arable Group, the Association of Independent Crop Consultants, and the Agricultural Industries Confederation to ensure a co-ordinated and timely approach.
Join the campaign by signing our e-petition
(Or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
**Read comments from the industry**
Ever thought what a grower’s life might be like without pesticides? Watch the video below to find out.
Got a view on this video? Why not add it to our Forum debate?
- Slovenian compromise text (ie what has been agreed)