Any farmers with EU European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizens working for them, who were already living in the UK as of 31 December 2020, and haven’t yet applied for residency, need to make eligible employees aware that they need to apply via the EU Settlement Scheme before 30 June 2021.
This session will help you avoid the pitfalls and get the correct paperwork and processes in place to make sure you are not caught unawares.
Our expert speakers will also discuss the challenges around sponsoring migrant workers and applying for skilled worker visas.
- EU settled status – the deadline is around the corner
- What is the backup plan?
- Skilled worker visa, what are the challenges going forward?
Hosted by Farmers Weekly livestock editor, Rhian Price and the experts are:
- Sacha Wooldridge, senior associate, Birketts
- David Camp, chief executive, Association of Labour Providers
- Nick Allen, chief executive, British Meat Processors Association
- Tom Bradshaw, vice president, Tom Bradshaw, Vice President, NFU
- Mike King, RABDF council member, ARAgs
In association with Birketts
Birketts is proud to work with Farmers Weekly to support the British farming, agriculture and horticultural sectors and to help raise awareness within the industry of the key actions farmers need to take now to protect the immigration status for their workers.
For help navigating and registering the EU Settlement scheme, advice on UK visas/immigration strategy for recruiting migrant workers in future and to keep up to date with the latest news/developments visit: Birketts/our-services/services-for-individuals/immigration