Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary held his biennial Gigginstown House Production Sale of bulls and females on Saturday attracting a lot of interest from breeders and realising a top price of €4,500 and an average of €2,253.07 for the 39 lots sold.
Sale leader at €4,500 was Gigginstown House Bemy Baby K757, a December 2010-born son of Aughnamona Lord Hedian E178 out of the KBJ Conquor All 447J daughter Gigginstown House Baroness G470. Buyer here was Des Fox, Bray.
The second highest price of the day, again for a bull, was Gigginstwon House Another Day K768. By Cashelane Marty F666 and born December 2010, this one is out of the Arndie Balck Saracen E141 daughter Gigginstown House Authorised H549 and was knocked down at €4,400 to Sean Murtagh, Mullingar.
Topping female trade and selling for the third highest price of the day of €4,100 was the January 2011-born heifer Gigginstown House Black’s Back L781. By the sire of the top price bull, Aughnamona Lord Hedian E178, she is out of the Ebon Hill Extra Gold 15’97 daughter Gigginstown House Black Beauty G449 and was sold to Tom McDermot, Mullingar.
Also selling at that price was the third from last lot in the catalogue, Gigginstown House Northern Dancer L817. This March 2011-born heifer is half sister to the previous lot and is out of the Tara Lord Hiro E339 daughter Gigginstown House Nellie G451. She sold to John Stoneham, Co Wicklow.
Other notable prices:
• Gigginstown House Theatrical K746 (October 2010 bull), by Aughnamona Lord Hedian E178 sold for €3600
• Gigginstown House Lady Ice K737 (April 2010 born heifer), by Tara Lord Hiro E339, sold for €3400
• Gigginstown House Lady Invincible K735 (April 2010 born heifer), by Tara Lord Hiro E339, sold for €3200
• Gigginstown House Take A Shot L812 (March 2011 born bull), by Penguin Mr Elevate F253, sold for €3000
• Gigginstown House Black Creek K686 (February 2010-born heifer), by Aughnamona Lord Hedian E178, sold for €3000