16 September 1998
All quiet at St Boswells ram sale
IT was a case of all quiet on the trading front for breeders of North Country Cheviot sheep at the annual ram sale at St Boswells, Borders.
Overall, the 153 rams sold averaged £456.54, down £239.78 on last year, when 140 head changed hands. There were only 16 four-figure bids compared to 35 last year.
The top price paid was £4000 for a champion, with other sales of £2900 and £2600.
- Lamb market prices, updated hourly (subscribers only)
- Lamb market prices, updated weekly (other viewers)
- Finished lamb trends, updated weekly
- Lamb prices in free-fall, FWi Markets, yesterday (15 September, 1998)
- Scots lamb prices 30-50% down, FWi Markets, 11 September, 1998
- Row continues over best way to sell sheep, FWi, 30 July, 1998
- The Herald 16/09/98 page 29