24 May 2000
Farming around the world
- Koreans exposed to GM soya
A QUARTER of all soybeans eaten in Korea last year were genetically-modified organisms (GMO).
- Indian apple importers slice targets
APPLE importers in Chennai, who cater for numerous south Indian cities, have downsized their import target
- EU cash to boost Kyrgyz farming
KYRGYZSTAN is to use 8.5 million allocated by EU to support its agricultural and the social sectors.
- Rethink demanded on GM crop safeguards
MALCOLM BRUCE, MP for Gordon in the Scottish Highlands , yesterday challenged agriculture minister Nick Brown to look again at the policy of separating GM crops from other produce.
- New Indian tractor launched
MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA has launched a new-generation 60hp Horizon tractor, the Arjun 605DI
- US farmers feeling pinch of higher diesel costs
A YEAR-LONG, 29% surge in diesel fuel prices has hit US farmers.
- German scientists counting their chickens
SCIENTISTS are monitoring the habits of 4500 chickens at a north German farm in a bid to discover healthier and more sustainable systems of poultry farming.