22 November 1999
Blair on the attack over beef ban
TONY Blair repeated his anger at the continued French ban on British beef and insisted that it is lifted as soon as possible, in an interview with The Daily Telegraph.
The Prime Minister delivered his broadside minutes after emerging from a seminar in Florence designed to emphasise the unity of the worlds centre-Left leaders.
- Tories slam beef label compromise, FWi, 19 November, 1999
- Schröder backs UK over beef, FWi, 19 November, 1999
- Turn up heat under French – Gill, FWi, 17 November, 1999
- Financial Times 22/11/99 page 6
- The Daily Telegraph 22/11/99 page 1