- £1=DM2.844 / FFr9.514 / $1.692
- FOB Rouen spot wheat value: FFr 760.00 (£ 79.88)
- Chicago September wheat at close: $2.48 (£ 53.79)
BRUSSELS granted restitutions on 185,000t of wheat at Ecu38.43/tonne, suggesting the value of French wheat at around $95 FOB (£56), just $1 below the US value.
The UK market reacted once again to weaker Sterling and finished firmer but, with the best prices in the nearby positions due to the lack of supply and reasonable export enquiry, one shipper has suggested we will export 500,000t in September.
Dalgety announced a crop figure of 15.95m tonnes yesterday afternoon – a mid-range figure, but difficult to judge with such large acreages still to be combined.
- Dalgety predicts second-biggest wheat harvest ever, FWi, yesterday (10 September, 1998)
- Dalgety reports wheat success for 1998, FWi Markets, yesterday (10 September, 1998)
Prices at Thursdays
wheat futures close:
values, £/tonne, ex-farm:
September Class 1 milling wheat 86
September Class 2 milling wheat 78
September Soissons 81
September feed wheat 66-70
September feed barley 64-66