26 August 1998
Hopkins pledges £1m to buy
SIR Anthony Hopkins is pictured in most newspapers taking a walk on the 1618ha (4000 acre) farming estate in Snowdonia that he is contributing £1 million towards buying for the National Trust.
The famous Welsh actor made his pledge after the National Trust announced it needed £3m to purchase the Hafod-y-Llan and Gelli Logo estates. The Trust has until the end of October to find the rest of the money.
- National Trust to buy Snowdon, FWi, 05 August, 1998
The Independent 26/08/98 page 5
- Financial Times 26/08/98 page 7
- The Guardian 26/08/98 page 7
- The Daily Telegraph 26/08/98 page 10
- The Herald 26/08/98 page 9