• The membership is becoming younger with an increase in the 10-15 years age group.
• Members input is less that 25% of national income, said vice-chairman Andrew Wood-ward who proposed the 4% increase in levy which will take effect from Jan 1998.
• The Rural Starters Register linking young people looking for opportunities with those able to supply them is beginning to take effect with the first "match" involving a county council farm in Wales.
• Competitions day is to become a national event with something for everyone whether or not they are competition finalists.
• A carcass judge of the year competition will take place at the National Prime Stock Show.