JG & DE Hodgson, Kirkbride, Cumbria
- Farm size: 242ha
- Enterprises: 142ha cereals, 100ha grassland, 120,000 broilers
- Annual rainfall: 1,250mm
- Soil: heavy red clay, silty sand, black peat
Vaughan Hodgson farms 242ha of arable and grassland at Kirkbride, near Wigton, Cumbria in partnership with wife Sandra, father Geoff and mother Dorothy.
Farm enterprises include 142ha of cereals and 100ha rented-out grassland. All land is owner-occupied. The farm also operates a poultry business, contracting and mechanical engineering operations, including fabrication.
- Supporting the next generation
- Replacing lost BPS income
- Adapting to uncertain weather